The NWF Sila-Guard range of silage additives helps you create intelligent silage, a new way of producing silage that best suits your livestock. New grass and maize varieties create more sugar and starch and have lower fibre contents. In addition, developments in the way the cut material is managed and changes in growing crop management are presenting challenges to the silage maker.
The range includes additives for grass, whole crop and maize silage production, formulated to produce high quality silage with a balanced acid profile for your livestock.
NWF SILA-GUARD 50
NWF Sila-Guard 50 contains quick-acting bacteria and enzymes that convert valuable crop carbohydrates into energy for milk production. The additive has been formulated to produce high-quality silage with a balanced acid profile for your livestock.
• Designed for UK weather and UK grasses
• Rapid pH drop to inhibit growth of spoilage bacteria
• Lactobacillus brevis for improved palatability
• Exclusive Lactic acid mix
• Microbial stimulants
• Improved palatability
• Improved yields (Edinburgh University Trials)
• Stable silage with minimum nutrient losses
• More active bacteria once re-hydrated
NWF SILA-GUARD WHOLE CROP
• Pediococcus pentosaceus. Optimum pH range 7.0 to 5.0. Dominates spoilage organisms.
• Lactobacillus plantarum. Optimum pH range 5.5 to 4.0. Ensures full fermentation and stable silage.
Aerobic Stability Enhancer
• Stable Lactobacillus brevis. Controlled production of Acetic acid for palatability with stability.
• Breakthrough enzyme technology. Designed for UK weather and forage types for maximum digestibility enhancement.
NWF SILA-GUARD MAIZE
NWF Sila-Guard Maize is a premixture of technological additives containing:
• Fermentation starter – Pediococcus pentosaceus
• Optimum pH range 7 – 5 to dominate spoilage organisms
• Fermentation finisher – Lactobacillus Plantarum
• Optimum pH range 5.5 – 4 to ensure a full fermentation and stable silage
The NWF Sila-Guard additive range is supplied in 150g pots, each treating 50 tonnes of silage. For high dry matter the concentration can be increased to suit requirements.
DOWNLOAD the NWF Silage Additive Leaflet.
For a quotation on the NWF Silage Additive range please call your NWF Sales Specialist or call 0800 756 2787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org