The NWF Sila-Guard range of silage additives helps you create silage that best suits your livestock. New grass and maize varieties create more sugar & starch and have lower fibre contents than previously. In addition to this, advancements in the way the cut material is managed, changes the crop management presenting more challenges to making great silage.
The range includes additives for grass, whole crop and maize silage production, formulated to produce high quality silage with a balanced acid profile for your livestock.
NWF SILA-GUARD 50
NWF Sila-Guard 50 contains quick-acting bacteria and enzymes that convert valuable crop carbohydrates into energy for milk production. The additive has been formulated to produce high-quality silage with a balanced acid profile for your livestock.
• Designed for UK weather and UK grasses
• Rapid pH drop to inhibit growth of spoilage bacteria
• Lactobacillus brevis for improved palatability
• Exclusive Lactic acid mix
• Microbial stimulants
• Improved palatability
• Improved yields (Edinburgh University Trials)
• Stable silage with minimum nutrient losses
• More active bacteria once re-hydrated
NWF SILA-GUARD 45
NWF Sila-Guard 45 offers exceptional quality and value in conservation technology. The additive is a premixture of technological feed additives including Pediococcus pentosaceus and Lactobacillus plantarum, unlocks energy and reduces nutrient loss.
NWF SILA-GUARD WHOLE CROP
• Pediococcus pentosaceus. Optimum pH range 7.0 to 5.0. Dominates spoilage organisms.
• Lactobacillus plantarum. Optimum pH range 5.5 to 4.0. Ensures full fermentation and stable silage.
Aerobic Stability Enhancer
• Stable Lactobacillus brevis. Controlled production of Acetic acid for palatability with stability.
• Breakthrough enzyme technology. Designed for UK weather and forage types for maximum digestibility enhancement.
NWF SILA-GUARD MAIZE
NWF Sila-Guard Maize is a premixture of technological additives containing:
• Fermentation starter – Pediococcus pentosaceus
• Optimum pH range 7 – 5 to dominate spoilage organisms
• Fermentation finisher – Lactobacillus Plantarum
• Optimum pH range 5.5 – 4 to ensure a full fermentation and stable silage
The NWF Sila-Guard additive range is supplied in 150g pots, each treating 50 tonnes of silage. For high dry matter the concentration can be increased to suit requirements.
MICROZYME SLURRY TREATMENT
MicroZyme Slurry Treatment contains a mixture of specifically screened and selected strains of bacteria selected for their capability to break down fibre, starch, pectins, fats and protein residues over a wide range of temperatures.
Their action reduces odour levels and preserves fertilizer value by converting odiferous components into bacterial protein or suppressing the activities of indigenous odour producing bacteria.
A cocktail of concentrated degradative enzymes is included to ensure that MicroZyme begins working the moment it is added. MicroZyme is formulated with micronutrients and growth stimulants to ensure rapid activation once the product is added to liquid manure.
• Reduces odour (H2S and NH3) in animal manure
• Liquefies slurry, thereby minimising sediment and crusting
• Retains and preserves nitrogen and fertiliser value of slurry
• Improves animal comfort in slatted housing
• Easier to comply with authorities and neighbours
DOWNLOAD MicroZyme Slurry Treatment Leaflet