Rapeseed Meal provides a good source of rumen degradable protein as well as rumen bypass protein with an amino acid profile beneficially similar to microbial and milk protein.
A high protein, good energy feed used to partially replace soya bean meal, although the protein is less digestible. The meal from industrial crops is usually high in glucosinolate/ erucic acid.
• Approximately two thirds of Rapeseed Meal protein is rumen degradable
• A good source of high-quality protein
• Wide range of uses for many classes of livestock
• NWF use this product to produce Ultra Pro-R due to its consistent physical qual-ity, the proximity of the production sites and its amino acid profile, allowing it to be used to substitute soya when the price ratio encourages this
• Milking Cows Up to 4 (typically 2)kg
• Dry Cows Up to 2 kg
• Replacement Heifers Up to 2 kg and up to 30% of the DMI
• Calves (to 12 weeks) Up to 0.75 kg and up to 20% of the DMI
• Growing Cattle Up to 1.5 kg and up to 30% of the DMI
• Finishing Cattle Up to 2 kg and up to 35% of the DMI
• Suckler Cows Up to 2 (typically 1)kg
• Ewes and Rams Up to 0.5 (typically 0.25)kg
• Hoggets and Lambs Up to 0.5 kg or up to 30% of the DMI