A feed with a balanced composition of protein, starch and digestible fibre. This makes it an ideal complement in ruminant rations. Derived from the wet milling of maize to extract starch or for alcohol/ethanol production, this feed consists of maize fibre and corn steep liquor, dried and pelleted. The product is manufactured in the USA and is an excellent alternative to domestically produced wheat gluten.
As a protein feed with reasonable energy, maize gluten suits many rations and is of good digestibility. The protein quality means it is of less use for pigs and poultry. Although it has reasonable fibre levels, due to milling, it is quite short in length and quickly fermented.
• Balanced nutrient composition
• Ready to use pellet / meal
• Reasonable pellet durability
• Milking Cows Up to 6 (typically 3)kg
• Dry Cows Up to 2 kg
• Replacement Heifers Up to 4 kg and up to 35% of the DMI
• Calves (to 12 weeks) Up to 1.5 kg and up to 25% of the DMI
• Growing Cattle Up to 2.5 kg and up to 40% of the DMI
• Finishing Cattle Up to 5 kg and up to 40% of the DMI
• Suckler Cows Up to 4 (typically 2)kg
• Ewes and Rams Up to 1 (typically 0.5)kg
• Hoggets and Lambs Up to 0.75 kg or up to 50% of the DMI