Whether it is mother’s milk or milk replacer, milk intake is crucial for the first 6 weeks of a lamb’s life, after this their reliance on grass increases.
Milkivit Energized Lamb Milk (ELM) has been designed to help lambs achieve their full growth potential. ELM is a precisely formulated lamb milk replacer, designed to be closer to ewe’s milk. ELM contains carefully selected milk products, highly digestible oils and proteins, plus a vitamin and mineral package to promote health and performance of growing lambs. It is available in skimmed milk (50%) or whey-based options.
- Improved energy density – digestible energy to support early life survivability, immune system support and DLWG.
- Optimal protein digestibility – this product contains 100% dairy protein for optimal protein digestion.
- Controlled osmolality – formulated with lower osmolality alongside careful advice on the concentration of the feed, to ensure gut integrity helping to decrease bloat and diarrhoea severity.
- Careful mineral & vitamin supplementation – inclusions have recently been reviewed to ensure the supply will meet requirements from a range of natural and synthetic Vitamin E, and by using Optimins (Fe, Mn, Zn and SeY).
- Cost consideration – typically ELM is more expensive per tonne, but it is less cost per litre due to the reduced mixing concentration, and therefore less per lamb to weaning.
This easy-mixing milk replacer is ideally suited to all bottle and ad lib lamb feeding systems. Milkivit Energized Lamb Milk should be introduced directly following on from colostrum feeding.
Restricted feeding: Mix replacer at a concentration of 175g to make 1 litre (175g of replacer to 825ml of water). Mix at 420C and feed out at 38-40°C.
Machine feeding: Calibrate the machine to feed at concentration of 175g per litre. Mix at 42°C and feed out at 38-40°C.
Cool Ad-Lib feeding: Mix and feed at a concentration of 175g/litre (175g of replacer to 825ml of water).
For further information on NWF Lamb Milk Replacers, speak to your local NWF sales specialist, call our experts on 01829 797 100 or visit our milk replacers page HERE.