Wheat is an excellent energy source for ruminants providing high levels of starch to stimulate milk production. Feed wheat produced in the UK has been grown for this purpose, although varieties for bread or biscuit making that failed to make the grade are also suitable. Available as a whole grain for processing on the farm and as a rolled or treated product from NWF.
It is useful for increasing milk protein yields and for the promotion of growth.
• 72Kg/Hl bushel weight
• Very high starch level, but very low in fibre
• Feed coarsely rolled and not ground finely to avoid acidosis in ruminants or consider a treated product
• Increases milk yield and milk protein output
• NWF source homegrown wheat to produce to produce our unique product, Ultra Starch-W, which provides a con-sistent source of high-quality bypass starch with a higher gluco-TN value
• Dairy Cows Up to 5kg/head/day
• Beef Up to 40% fo the DMI
• Ewes Up to 0.5kg/head/day