In PACTS trials it has shown itself to now be the earliest maturity hybrid in the Pioneer range. It has given an average dry matter content of 43.5% in favourable PACTS trials over two years and 11 locations. On less favourable sites, P7179 has given an average dry matter content of 41.5% over 12 locations and two years of testing. In addition to its earliness of maturity it has given very high starch contents. On favourable PACTS locations it has given an average starch content 38.6% and on less favourable locations 39.9%.
• Extra early maturity on both favourable and less favourable sites
• Tall hybrid for this maturity
• Produces very high starch content silage
• High grain yields and has potential for combining
• Early flowering
• Very good eyespot resistance
• Flint grain texture so lower levels of rumen degradable starch