Palm Kernel Expeller provides a good source of energy as digestible fibre and palm oil.
A by-product of the palm oil manufacturing process.
Obtained by the expelling of palm kernels from which the hard shell has been removed (NWF use a screened product which is put over a 10mm screen to remove large kernels and magnets to remove metal contamination when used in blends, also available as a straight).
A source of protein and energy with a high fibre level, most widely used in ruminant diets. It will contain some palm oil which is a hard oil, producing hard carcass fat. It is not suitable for use on its own but it is often mixed with molasses to encourage intake. High inclusion levels can help to boost butterfat levels.
• Very high oil, rich in palmitic acid
• A rich source of digestible fibre
• Good supply of non-starch digestible fibre energy
• Milking Cows Up to 2 (typically 1)kg
• Dry Cows Up to 1 kg
• Replacement Heifers Up to 2 kg and up to 20% of the DMI
• Calves (to 12 weeks) Up to 0.5 kg and up to 7.5% of the DMI
• Growing Cattle Up to 2 kg and up to 25% of the DMI
• Finishing Cattle Up to 3 kg and up to 35% of the DMI
• Suckler Cows Up to 2 (typically 1)kg
• Ewes and Rams Up to 0.5 (typically 0.25)kg
• Hoggets and Lambs Up to 1 kg or up to 50% of the DMI