Today’s high yielding dairy cow requires precise feeding to ensure that yield and milk quality are optimised, that she gets back in calf quickly and that she has minimal health problems during lactation. She then needs to be prepared for the next lactation.
Dairy compounds continue to offer significant advantages to farmers whether you:
- operate a simple system based on compound as the only supplement to forage
- use out of parlour feeders to target specific cows
- feed a small amount to supplement a TMR diet.
Whether compounds are the principle concentrate fed or the fine-tuning of the diet you will find an ideal feed in our range which all include a range of energy and protein sources, specifically formulated to target milk contract benefits (such as constituents, or yield). All compounds include a full complement of carefully balanced supplementary minerals and vitamins to meet cow requirement *when fed at sufficient volumes.
Our FAR feed specialists are trained and equipped to ration your cows to help them to express their full potential in order to meet your business targets. We offer a comprehensive range of technical services and our team are Master Cow Signal Trainers can review your herd reading cow behaviour to identify areas for improvement in their surroundings or routine.
NWF Summer Diets
• A high-quality diet formulated with protected proteins and good fibre levels to promote production at grass.
• A tried and tested high fibre diet formulated to support milk protein and fat production.
• A specialist grazing diet, formulated with low oil to support milk constituents at grass. This product, as standard, has the inclusion of NWF’s Opti Rumen.
NWF HDF Empire
• A high fibre diet, formulated to support productive cows whilst grazing.
• A cost-effective, balanced grazing diet.
NWF Dairy Sustain
• Available at a 16% and 18% protein.
• High energy, with good glucogenic nutrients to
support milk production. This also helps support
cows in early lactation.
DOWNLOAD NWF Sustain Leaflet
For the transition period the NWF Transition Cow Program has been formulated to actively tackle the key areas responsible for a healthy and productive transition period. NWF Drytime has been re-formulated to balance both high straw and high silage dry cow diets. Using the latest research, Drytime contains key ingredients to focus attention on specific areas that can yield maximum returns. DOWNLOAD the NWF Transition Cow Leaflet for more on NWF DryTime and Reashure.